What is Track My Fundraising?
As a music teacher I am constantly organizing fundraisers for my school band. Everything from selling chocolates, bottle drives, bingos, garage sales – you name it, I’ve done it!
With so many people students involved, and a desire to accurate record each individual student’s earnings, I went on the search for a website that could help me stay organized.
Many of my colleagues suggested that I create an excel spreadsheet to track everything as they have had some success with that option. I thought about this idea, but wanted more than Excel could offer.
After an exhaustive internet search I came up with nothing. There are no website or software program that could meet my needs.
So I had no choice but to build my own site – a site designed for the teacher who wants to accurate way to track fundraising with an easy to use interface.
Track My Fundraising was born.
What features does the site offer?
I wanted to design a site that had a lot of features, but yet was still user friendly and quick to learn. Track My Fundraising offers the following abilities:
- Add unlimited students and parents to your school account.
- Students can be linked to students so they are able to log in and monitor their children’s progress.
- Quickly add users by entering only their first and last name.
- Create unlimited accounts for tracking fundraising, budgets, etc.
- Each user has their own ‘sub-account’ within each account that you can add, remove or transfer money from. Every transaction is tracked!
- Students can easily access and print receipts of payments received.
- Export CSV reports of account and fundraising activity to be opened in Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Add unlimited fundraising events.
- Students and parents can sign-up for a fundraiser online or you can do it manually.
- Create different jobs for each fundraiser.
- Restrict who can sign-up for each job – students, parents, or either.
- Limited the number of people who can sign up, and automatically create a back-up list when the max limit is reached.
- For fundraisers that have limited space, create a lottery to randomly selected people
- Record income and expenses for each event.
- Three different ways to split the money between students:
- Percentage: Students get a percentage of the amount sold. Perfect for events such as chocolates where there is a profit margin
- Credit: Students earn a certain amount of credit based on how much they helped
- Actual: Enter an exact dollar amount earned
- Designate a percentage to go into a ‘General’ account.
- All money is automatically calculated for you and added into their bank account – no hard math required!
- Create trips by adding students and track paperwork
- Students and parents can automatically be notified by email and text of new and upcoming fundraisers, lottery results, and balance changes.
What's the cost
I want the site to be affordable for everyone! I know you need every last penny you can scrap together to go towards your event. You can have access to the site for an entire year for only $20! That's it! I'll be adding features over time too at no extra cost.
If you are interested in getting your own account please send me an e-mail at admin [at] trackmyfundraising [dot] ca